Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 - Time on my hands.

5:00am - another early wake up.  Still trying to figure this out.
11:30am - Weigh in 209lbs they say you lose about 2lbs a day for the first week and 1 after that.  Last 40 day with liquids I only lost a little over 20.

It is amazing how much time we have at our disposal.  I am generally a busy person, citing all the usual statements busy people do like, "If there were only more hours in the day," or "time flies" or "Where did the time go?".  Now that I seem to have 3 extra hours not dedicated to thinking about what am I going to eat, or cooking, or eating, and then dessert, and washing the dishes... Thoreau's quote, "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in." Seems to make much more sense and put my busyness into a much better perspective.  


Its nice not always needing to rush, and still accomplish your predetermined goals for the day.  I guess I could schedule more activities or put more on my to do list but I think I will go fishing for a while.  There are so many worthwhile activities in this life that I may never get to participate in or see or experience.  But why would I worry about the things I can't do when I am able to appreciate the things I do.

One thing I have noticed about fasting is everything seems to slow down.  I don't mean a fuzzy thought process.  For some reason experiences seem to last longer.  Maybe because I am not spending all my time thinking during one event what I have to do to get ready for the next one.   Right now the only event that feels significant to me is eating and that is still 35 days off ...so why worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment