Some other Things I have been thankful for during this fast....
1. Blue Jeans - I quit wearing them a couple years ago because they were not as "comfortable" as slacks. Due to 12 days of fasting...miraculously these old jeans seem to fit much better. I like jeans.
2. Washing Dishes - I hate it. No food...no dirty dishes. Fasting is good.
3. Weakness. I am getting weaker every day. The good news is I get a workout sitting right here at my desk curling my stapler.
4. $$$$ - I estimate that I spend $300-400. Don't judge. But that is $350 bucks straight in my pocket.
5. Empathy - praying for the hungry is much more real
6. Space heaters - I like sitting in front of them. I like the sound and the feel. It relaxes me. Less body fat = more chills = more space heater
7. Cooking - What you say? Well I can't cook for me, so I've been learning some tips from my roomie. Ghanian specialties.
8. Catching up- talked to more old friends in the the last two weeks than I can remember.
9. Dreams - I have settled into the pattern of dreaming of yummy foods every night.
10. Delayed Gratification - Instant gratification is what I'd got used to. I get excited thinking about how wonderful this taste delay is going to exponentially amplify the euphoria I experience ........at that first bowl of chicken noodle soup. mmmmmmm............
Weight today - 201.5lbs