Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18

4:00pm - 193.5lbs

One of our students Zach Auter ended his fast today.  He did seven days.  It was great having someone who was sharing in my suffering....lol.  Solidarity.  Maybe someone else will hop in there.  It is really helpful sharing these difficulties with  someone.  You know they know... how you are feeling.

I have to be careful because I don't want to drink anything.  Its not hard.  Its just bland and I'm tired of it.  I want some taste.  I'm also having to be careful since mouthwash is the only thing I taste I'm tempted to swish more regularly than necessary.  I'm going to try to limit myself to 2-3 swigs a day.

I had the best night of sleep I've had in a while last night.  Blissful is the only way to describe it.

This verse summarizes how I feel today.  My foe is my own hard hearted weakness and selfishness.  I see it more clearly every day.


Psalm 61

 1 Hear my cry, O God; 
   listen to my prayer.
 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
   I call as my heart grows faint;
   lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
   a strong tower against the foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment