Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26

Two weeks to go.

Weight - 189.5lbs  Pretty much haven't lost any weight in the last 4 or 5 days.  Craziness.

I am thankful for a wonderful day today.  Little pain, no hunger, good energy level.

Small Epiphany.........gratefulness is largely a choice we make.  Sometimes not an easy choice but a choice nonetheless.  It wouldn't make any sense for Paul to tell us to think about the true, noble, right, and lovely if it was completely out of our control to do so.  Even when depressed we can recognize what these things are.  If our heart doesn't recognize them emotionally they are recognizable spiritually.

The reason, I believe, he tells us to focus on the admirable is because our thoughts often bring our heart in tow.  These two distinct entities exert incredible influence on one another.  Not controlling necessarily but affecting.

I have quit thinking about food.  .....much.....
No food is just part of my routine.  I wish all the space now vacated (mental preoccupation) I could have filled with holiness.  Much of it has.  Maybe fasting is like spring cleaning.   You clean up, move stuff around and only then........when your attention is appropriately focussed .....do you realize there are things you don't need and can get rid of.   I don't know.

Hope you are all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment