Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14 - Ashamed

11:00 am - 198.5lbs

Its been a while since I broke the big 200.  I was 175 out of high school and cruised on 185 for years.  Of course in the 175 days I could almost see my ribs.  Hopefully that won't happen before this is all said and done.  I will probably switch to liquids instead of water around day 20 or so.  Haven't made up my mind yet though.

I was feeling a little sorry for myself last night.  Cravings, crankiness, and fatigue.  Today I woke up and a water pipe had broke and I feel scandalized about how much it cost me to fix for 20 minutes of work.  Then I started packing ....for Florida.

Yes, I know shameless isn't it?  I feel like I feel sorry for myself too often.  I'm not eating.  Others can't eat.  They go hungry not by choice.  They can't pick up a phone (that they don't have) to fix a leak they would be happy to have if they lived in a nice comfy house to keep them warm.  They can't pick up and take a trip to the beach.  They can't drive in their car.  We are talking about hundreds of millions if not billions of people.

Its hard to face but I'm spoiled rotten.  I don't like to admit it b/c I usually measure myself to someone who really is spoiled.  Look how much more thankful for things I am than they are.  Not the best gauge I know.  We can always find someone worse than us.

I have more blessings to be thankful for than I usually acknowledge.  I know that a little better today.  Hopefully more so tomorrow.

Well no posts for the next few days.  See you around day 17 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment