Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

11:00am 217.5lbs ~ must have on some heavier clothes because I know I can't weigh more.

Woke up at 4:00am.  Don't know why.   I prayed to get an early start although that's not exactly what I had in mind.

Lots of hunger pains today.  Nothing bad, but the food smells good.

I find myself trying to find other things to replace the dining experience.  I have so much more time on my hands.  I went shopping today....a little too much.... I played a simple little video game today....a little too much.  I got lots done...some dusting, fixed a chair, went to the recycling center, rotated the tires, polished my shoes, studied, memorized, scotch-guarded a jacket, organized, emailed, read, visited, called some folks, bible studied....and drank lots of water.   Still looking for things to do.

Harnessing the energy and power God has given us is one of the great challenges to the Christian.  Its so easy for that great reservoir to be wasted and dissipate via the thousand little spams of life that attach themselves to us.  To utilize this energy to better love one another is what ought to monopolize our attention

The entire question of discipline, therefore, is how to apply the acts of will at our disposal in such a way that the proper course of action, which cannot always be realized by direct and untrained effort, will nevertheless be carried out when needed.   

Dallas Willard

When routine is disrupted, when pleasures once enjoyed is removed, what will hasten to fill the void?  I am discovering that it is not simply godliness for me ....but business.  Godliness can be busy.  But being busy is not necessarily godly.  Discipline me Lord as I endeavor to fill every moment with holy intent of a thankful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment