Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 5-in the rain

Rain is a much bigger deal when you are riding your bike.  I don't mind getting wet.  I don't prefer it either.  Its also more important to schedule things when you can't hop in your car and go.  With vehicle.....I can make the Clemson/Seneca stretch in 10 minutes.  Without -its a 45min - 1 1/2 hour  trip.  So therefore I am here at the library which is only a 10 minute ride from my house.

One of the things I missed most about not seeing was the ability to do my memory verses.  Its become a steady part of my routine the last couple years and brings me a certain degree of comfort.  The structure makes me feel secure somehow.  I'm also getting back to my Rosetta stone (Hebrew) and fooling around with the guitar (which I had neglected for the last year).   Trying to cut down on the news and sports talk radio.  I'm eating up older food as quickly as I can.  I can't believe how much I waste.  I almost never finish the loaf of bread before it molds and am always leaving fruits, vegetables, meats, and general leftovers in the refrigerator too long.  No more of that.

I'm going to try and cut down on the random internet surfing, and random sudoku, chess, and spider solitare games before I go to bed.  More exercise. Less Candy.  Out -"spam", in - "opportunities"

I want to be a good steward of what God has given me.  Time, Health, Money, Spiritual Gifts, Senses, relationships.  He's given us much.  I want to approach these changes not like I do so many other resolutions.....with a view to enhancing myself but with a view to taking better care of what I've been given.  John Wesley once said, "Gain all you can, save all you can, give all you call"  It kind of expresses the whole Col. 3:23 sentiment in doing everything with all your heart as if doing it for the Lord.  My problem with making positive change is usually a matter of motivation.  I struggle to make change when its all about my benefit.  This is because so much is so comfortable for me.  If its already great, selfishly speaking, why change?  However, when I have God's approval in view, the joy and success of my "self help transformation" becomes exponentially more certain.  Its no longer about my comfort level but my fruitfulness level.  When all we do has his glory in view, although we may not be comfortable, we will have the peace of which this "comfort" is a crude shadow.


I'm hoping all these "fasts" help convict me of these concepts I have long "assumed true" and trampoline me into future profound changes to give greater glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment