Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 40

One of the things I have enjoyed most about this time of blindness is music.  I have never been that big a music fan.  Don't get me wrong.  I like it.  I have just never been an album collecting, lyric learning, know everything about the artist kind of fan.  Yet when there is nothing much to see I have loved listening.  I kind of do my dance/sway in the dark every night as I'm listening to the tunes and am moved with almost every song.  No I will not reenact my dance moves for you.  Some things are better known about and not seen!  lol.

Its been an incredibly spiritual thing for me.  So much so that I have resolved to listen or play every night as I am able.  I think some unused parts of my brain may be awakening.  

There has to be something good and Godly about music.  He made it right?  It speaks to creativity and beauty.  I wonder if God was listening to his Ipod when he was making the earth?  My first three albums were Michael Jackson's thriller (LP), Lionel Ritchie's Up all night (cassette), and Def Leapord's Hysteria (cassette).  At least that's what my memory tells me.  Although these were great and its important to be reminded at a young age that Billie Jean is in fact not my lover, the first songs I remember were at church.  Jesus Loves me.  Jesus loves the little children.  These songs I learned from infancy formed what I seemed to have always believed.  I may not be able to resolve all the questions about pain and suffering or reconcile Calvinist/Arminian theology but I can hold to the fact that Jesus loves me.....this I know....for the Bible tells me so.....

Psalms may be my favorite book of the Bible by the way.   I wonder how much more it would be if I could have heard all the original music it was sung too.  too bad we don't have any old Psalm 150 8 tracks we can go back and listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment