Sunday, March 20, 2011

day 38

Well we are definitely on the home stretch.  My time at Steven and Julies's was wonderful.  My only real mishap was grabbing my razor when I was feeling for my toothbrush.  Ouch.  It was weird.  It didn't hurt that much but I couldn't tell how bad I cut myself.  Thankfully it wasn't too bad.  
I also had a good time playing "catch" with Josiah.  Josiah is 22 months old and is cute as can be.  I don't know if he had more fun throwing or catching.  I think our catching skills were fairly even as long as he threw the foam ball in my arms.  The tosses he was throwing at the back and side of my leg I really had no shot at.  lol.
It was really kind of cool hanging with friends in their home for a few days.  You get so much of a better feel for and appreciation of people when you "see" them in their element.  I have been becoming more and more convicted recently how much of a need a church family is in our world.  For lots of reasons........the least of  which is not intimate community.  We simply need each other.    And God knew it.  We also, often go into church seeking what we can get instead of what we can give.  We should always be looking to lift up and encourage.
Julie asked me what was the most profound thing I had discovered.  I don't know if I had any life changing revelations but I have become assured of something.
When Paul says in Philippians 4:12 " I know what it is to be in need and I know what is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation. Whether well fed or hungry, living in plenty or in want. "  I get it a little more clearly.  I wanted to eat.  I want to see again.  Yet, I have the same joy everyday that I had before.  I am still content and generally at peace.  Maybe now without "necessities" more than with the plenty I had before.  Contentment is about being in and with Jesus.  That is really all that matters.  We get tricked into thinking other things are important.
All that matters is Christ and his people through whom we see him.

I can't believe tomorrow is my last day.  I am so excited.  So many things to do......and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment