Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38

Almost had to do jury duty for the whole week today but thankfully the case settled and we all got sent home.

I started broths and milk today.  Heavenly.  Advice.  Straight chicken broth or beef broth is gross.  I made some soup a friend gave me, strained out the few veggies, watered it down a tad..............it felt like a feast.  I'm serious.  I felt like I had experienced nirvana.  lol.  It was incredibly satisfying.  Just did a cup full to start off.  After my juice fiasco on day 21 I am going to try to ease into everything from here on.  

This week is quite exciting.  I have some energy....for which I am thankful.  There is so much to get ready for with my new schedule starting Friday.  I need more speed dial numbers.   I am trying to figure out things that will require my touch.  I've already stickered the microwave.  I'm getting the dishwasher, dryer, and some cds today.  I am also starting to memorize phone numbers.   So I can call all my wonderful friends.

The plan is to listen to about 1-2 hrs of Bible on CD every day.   This way I can help prepared for lessons.  I have to label my Bible class material so I can listen to it multiple times to become familiar with it.  This is going to be difficult.  However, I expect it to be incredibly rewarding.  If I have to memorize everything and not rely on notes I will need to internalize things more thoroughly.  

I keep thinking about John 9:41

John 9:41 (New International Version, ©2010)


 41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.


I don't expect to be absolved of sin because of this experiment (although I do expect to become more thankful for my eyesight).  I do wonder if I am more enslaved to the lust of the eyes (1 John 2:16) than I realize.  I want to be able to wholeheartedly acknowledge that I am blind without my Lord.  I want to experience this truth (physically and spiritually) firsthand.  I am nervous, anxious, excited, and hopeful.  We will see what happens.


Haven't been around a scale today but am feeling as good as I ever have.   Hope you are all well.


I use a lot of "I's" I notice.  Seems mighty narcissistic......but this is a blog about my experiences and thoughts....so guess its OK.  lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment