Follow by Email

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38

Almost had to do jury duty for the whole week today but thankfully the case settled and we all got sent home.

I started broths and milk today.  Heavenly.  Advice.  Straight chicken broth or beef broth is gross.  I made some soup a friend gave me, strained out the few veggies, watered it down a tad..............it felt like a feast.  I'm serious.  I felt like I had experienced nirvana.  lol.  It was incredibly satisfying.  Just did a cup full to start off.  After my juice fiasco on day 21 I am going to try to ease into everything from here on.  

This week is quite exciting.  I have some energy....for which I am thankful.  There is so much to get ready for with my new schedule starting Friday.  I need more speed dial numbers.   I am trying to figure out things that will require my touch.  I've already stickered the microwave.  I'm getting the dishwasher, dryer, and some cds today.  I am also starting to memorize phone numbers.   So I can call all my wonderful friends.

The plan is to listen to about 1-2 hrs of Bible on CD every day.   This way I can help prepared for lessons.  I have to label my Bible class material so I can listen to it multiple times to become familiar with it.  This is going to be difficult.  However, I expect it to be incredibly rewarding.  If I have to memorize everything and not rely on notes I will need to internalize things more thoroughly.  

I keep thinking about John 9:41

John 9:41 (New International Version, ©2010)


 41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.


I don't expect to be absolved of sin because of this experiment (although I do expect to become more thankful for my eyesight).  I do wonder if I am more enslaved to the lust of the eyes (1 John 2:16) than I realize.  I want to be able to wholeheartedly acknowledge that I am blind without my Lord.  I want to experience this truth (physically and spiritually) firsthand.  I am nervous, anxious, excited, and hopeful.  We will see what happens.


Haven't been around a scale today but am feeling as good as I ever have.   Hope you are all well.


I use a lot of "I's" I notice.  Seems mighty narcissistic......but this is a blog about my experiences and thoughts....so guess its OK.  lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment