Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I just got busy and it slipped my mind until after I got home.

Weight 181lbs.

I can't believe how close its getting to the finish/beginning.  Just 4 more days.  I can hardly believe it.  I'm already starting to get fixated on the vision thing.  I don't want to.  I want to soak up every moment of this experience now.  One thing I read recently that has really helped is in Elmer Townsend's book The Beginners Guide to Fasting.  He talks about a "fasting to hunger".  In other words, we know how hungry we get physically when we don't eat.  But do we develop that hunger spiritually as well?

He gave the analogy of a baby that starts crying when they are hungry.  Its obvious to mom and food is shortly provided.  When I was younger I used to tell my mom....I'm starving.  Of course I wasn't starving but it did let her know how really hungry I felt.  Townsend questioned whether sometimes we as Christians.....for various reasons.......don't try to let God know how hungry we are?  I think its a good question.  Of course God knows when we are hungry....but maybe its a good thing for us to let him know how hungry we are.   Fasting is a good way to accomplish that.

I have been loving the last couple days.  No hunger, no pain, feeling great.  God is good.

Its almost like every moment is .....what cool thing do I get to do next?


Matthew 5:6 (New International Version, ©2010)


6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
   for they will be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment