Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 34

Weight - 181lbs

I slept wonderfully last night.  9 hours!  Which I guess kind of makes up for the 2.5 I got yesterday.

I like 2 Cor. 12:10.  "...for when I am weak, then I am strong"  Paul is talking about the persecutions and difficulties he must face because of his commitment to Christ.  This is one of those verses that is truly hard to appreciate unless you have endured something for God.  Its incredibly revealing.  Weak and strong are somewhat vague.  Strong in what?  Christ.  Weak in what?  Self centered behavior.  We can't be weak in both or strong in both.  If we are strong in one we are by definition weak in the other.  Most of us will never completely eradicate our selfishness entirely but we CAN weaken it.  How?  By becoming strong in Christ.

Isn't that cool?  I think the converse is true as well.  I think by becoming more selfless we can also grow stronger in Christ.  I think we forget that our will and want are two different things.  God wants our will to be committed to him.  We shouldn't feel guilty if we have a morning prayer time and our bodies don't want to get out of bed.  We get up early to pray because we know how good it is despite how our bodies want to stay asleep.  Our will submitting to His will, despite the fact that we may want to do something else, does not make us selfish.  Thats selfless.  Not doing what you might want to do.  Why do we sometimes beat ourselves up over the way we feel sometimes?  I don't get it.  We make ourselves feel guilty when there is often no need.

God wants us to rejoice in Him always.  Lets get to it.

Praise God.  Looks like all the papers have been signed for little Levi.  Just a court date and some processing time away from finalizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment