Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33

What a wonderful day!!!!!

My nephew Levi Michael was born about 4:30 this morning weighing about 8lbs 5ozs.  Perfectly healthy.  10 fingers 10 toes.  I got down on my knees and started thanking God for his graciousness.  I am so excited for my brother and sister-in-law.

Then as a little icing....Clemson has one of its greatest recruiting days ever.

I am so thankful and tired.  I went to bed about 11:30 and woke up at 2am.  Not a big deal.  Got lots of wonderful things done today thinking about these beautiful gifts.... and then I started wondering.

I am having one of the better days of my life today.  Been having some great days a lot lately.....with family....finances....ability to give.....church....friends........  My prayer life has never been more committed.
Could there be a connection?  How could there not be?

All the while....not eating a thing.

I have already been thinking about fasting once or twice a week.  I would like to do a Daniel fast (which is basically a vegetarian + water diet) one day and/or may a John Wesley diet (whole grain bread and water) fast on another.
I don't want to lose my prayer time when my schedule starts reorienting......of course that really won't happen til next year.  I'm aware how easy it is for practiced disciplines to be short term.

Well God is good.  (I am still excited about eating).  This is about thankfulness after all.


Prayers go up and blessings come down

No comments:

Post a Comment