Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 8 - Media Fast

Strategic beginnings are important.  Starting a media fast at church camp where access is severely limited was a good move.  Didn't miss it much at all when I was there but now that I am home ........man it is difficult.  I've had a nagging ache to check sports and news, to turn on the radio, and pop in a movie.  Its tough and I am wondering if media is a bigger part of my life than I suspected.  My media impulses are so habitual I don't even notice myself reaching to click on the radio until the first few syllables echo out.......

I wonder if my bad habits and sin have become so ingrained that I don't even notice when I am engaged in these things as well.  Its so natural .......my response to my bad behavior is just that.... a response.  Its reactive not proactive.  I hope to take more initiative in battling sin in my life.  I will try to do this by filling my life with righteous people, activities, and thoughts.  I don't want to be on the defensive any longer.  Its time to get a little offensive.  lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment