Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 26

Two weeks left.  One of the greatest blessings of the last few weeks is the time spent writing.  It has been such a joy to write and encourage people about the wonderful gifts God has bestowed.   My goal has been 2/day.  I put my hand over each card praying for words for each person I care so dearly about.   I pray for words of encouragement and exhortation.  I don't know how successful its been from the recipient point of view, but for me its been heavenly.  

The other great joy has been during my "exceptions".  I love to talk.  Since my conversation is so limited both in time and subject matter, I have found myself reveling in those moments of verbal expression.  They are moments I can now cherish and not regret.   They are now holy moments and no longer common.  They are special.  They are unique.  As the sheer volume of my words has decreased, the power of them has been amplified.  Can you imagine what it is like to actually think about everything you say before you say it?

I was thinking of the story of Jesus and the woman caught in the act of adultery in John 8.  Don't you love Jesus' response when all the self righteous legalists brought this poor woman to him?  They were looking to accuse.  They were hoping to entrap and ensnare.  When they ask for his verdict, what is his response (at least initially)?  Silence.....................................  How profound is that?  Writing in the sand, he doesn't react to their prompts.   He takes his time.  I wonder what effect that silence.............................had on everyone.  They are emotional.  They are ready to debate.   They are itching for an argument.  And what does Jesus do?   He soothes the situation.  He diffuses ......preparing them to receive what he is about to say, by saying nothing.   Jesus knew what he was doing.

I am an uncle again!  Liza Mae, weighing 9lbs 3oz, measuring 21 inches long, didn't say a word.  She may have cooed at little.  But when I saw the perfect beauty of God's design in her little mouth, fingers, and toes, I heard God.  There was nothing audible, but He most definitely spoke of his new little cutie patootie creation and said, "It is good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment