Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 10-Mr. Thrifty

Well I made my first trip to the grocery store.  I had some coupons and was tipped off on a couple items on sale.  Two boxes of pasta, a loaf of bread, three cans of Campbell's soup, a six pack of Ra Men noodles.  How much do you think it cost?  $5.31.  I feel pretty good about that.  Coupons are the best.  I just need to find out where I can get more of them for future purchases.

On the bus, I met a bunch of old folks on their family reunion.  They were all cousins from New Jersey, Ohio, Kentucky, and Michigan.  They had a relative in Walhalla and decided to ride the bus around for the day.  I started shooting the breeze with them and went into tour guide mode about the things they ought to see while they were here.  I am trying to talk it up more with folks on the bus.  Its so relaxing just riding especially with all the room for my legs.  Its usually pretty easy to strike up a conversation when there are only 3 or 4 of you on the whole bus.  The goal is to be deliberate with "social" opportunities.  Normally I would do memory verses or listen to the radio.  Although I still hold those options on the ready my first priority is to think, pray, and chit chat with folks.  We can't expect to get relationships started by waiting for others to take the initiative can we?

Its cool how Jesus was always doing that.  Zachaeus or the woman at the well.  Jesus could have focused on some other spiritual activity but people who needed him were always of first priority.  I sometimes struggle with this because I don't default to people needing me......but they do ......and they need to know what I know....Why?  Because I am the happiest person I know.  There's got to be a very good reason for that....lol.  

Joy by its nature is meant to be shared.  It is one of the unique entities in this world that is quantified qualitatively.  The more pure the joy....the more of it we have.  I want abundant joy.  Don't you?  Well then lets share it.  Lets refine it by sharing it.  Joy's not meant to be held or possessed.  Its not experienced in a vacuum and displayed for all to see.  It is mutual.  It is the hope of intimacy.  It is the expectation of love.

What a beautiful day today....

No comments:

Post a Comment